The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Monday, March 06, 2006

What I do sometimes when I'm mad.

Sometimes I'll get really mad at people for different reasons. It's usually former friends who still feel the need to be petty and barb me with insults worked into something they've written, stuff like that. Or the person/people who stole my laptop and broke my car window.

When I get mad, I'll come here and start typing some really acerbic, terse, usually cuss-peppered blog post meant to cause them the same pain they've caused me. I usually rail over how petty and childish they are being, and rant and rave and blow off steam. Then I'll be very close to hitting "publish", without realizing that by me getting so upset in the first place, they've already won the battle, and the war. There is nothing to say at that point, because you can't win a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed and you can't make a point to someone who won't listen to reason. Not to mention, by playing right into their hand I'm being as petty as they are.

Then I'll take a step back, calm down, and finally realize that some people...just....suck at life. And there's nothing I can do about it, no way I can convince them that I am not a bad person and they are being silly. I can only come here, write a mean couple of paragraphs that no one will ever read, and move on.

2 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dahlin
You know we always listen to ya. Hold your head high and don't let them push you to be someone your not. This world is full of low lifes and scum suckers. Your one of the bright lights in this world, just stay who you are and don't let them get to you. As you can tell from your support e-mails, everyone is here for you. You have touched many lives and will continue to do so. Remember to keep your hopes up and your spirit free.
Your wayward Marshal in Cleveland.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even though I only know you from your blog, a few e-mails and a couple of really fun hours with you as my bar tender, and I may not agree with with your political views and football teams(HERE WE STEELERS!!) I still come back to your little spot on the internet to enjoy your conversations and thoughts as often as I can so be advised that there will always be at least one person reading your paragraphs, happy, sad,mean,hurt or any other combination.

Nytewolf

 

Post a Comment

<< Home