The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Friday, April 01, 2005

I only feel bad for not feeling bad.

Okay, so Jerry Falwell. I'm not a fan. At all. To the point where if he died tomorrow, I wouldn't care. I would actually be relieved. And I can't help feeling a little weird about that. He's probably the only non-mass murderer I've ever had those thoughts about. I try to always be the one who gives people the benefit of the doubt, look for the good, all that jazz.

But it's incredibly true - I can't stand him and I don't care if he lives or dies - actually, I would prefer death (and that is not like me at all) - and I'm trying to justify my apathy to myself and the only excuse I can come up with is that this man has spent so much time, money, and energy alienating himself and his followers from the majority of the world, and vice versa, that it's impossible to feel sad that he is sick. The only thing I feel is pity for him that he has gone so far right of center that he's past the threshold of a lot of people giving a shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home