The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Crank Yankers

Okay, so I was just driving into work from the DelCid's house about 20 minutes ago (which would have been 6:50 AM) and I was flipping through the stations. So I turn to the Matthew Blades Radio Show on Z104 and they were saying how they were going to interview Jessica Simpson by phone at 10 am, so stay tuned. Then they started playing a U2 song....AND GOD-DAMN IF SOMEONE DIDN'T LEAVE THE MICROPHONE IN THE STUDIO ON DURING THE SONG -- WHILE THEY OPENLY DISCUSSED JESSICA SIMPSON'S PHONE NUMBER ON THE AIR, COMPLETE WITH REITERATING IT ABOUT 6 TIMES -- AND NOT ONLY THAT, THEY CALLED HER, SO NOW EVERYONE THAT WAS LISTENING KNOWS TWO THINGS:
1. Jessica Simpson's cell phone number.
2. What her voicemail message sounds like.

I know what you're thinking. And the answer is yes. Yes I did. And I know I'm not the only one. And no, no you cannot have the number.

Her phone was off. It was 4 in the morning out there. I didn't have the heart to leave a message breaking the news that the entire DC Metro Area is privvy to her personal contact info. Let her sleep a few more hours in peace.... BUT DAMN WHAT A GOOD STORY.

PS - Matthew Blades, who popular opinion as of 7:24 blames for the fuck up: Wow.... good luck cleaning this one up. And have fun with that interview at 10:00.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home