The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Names Have Been Changed To Protect The Idiotic.

My alarm went off at 6:15 this morning. I was gathering laundry when my cell phone rang at 6:28. The area code was Sandusky.

"Hello?"
A slightly accusing voice asked me, "I was just wondering, when was the last time you saw Adam Cobb?"

My ex-boyfriend. The one right before Greg. The name that launched a thousand rumors.

"Good morning to you, too," I thought. It sounded like a girl I had worked with at Ruby Tuesday in Ohio, Taylor, aka The Nosiest, Gossip-iest Girl In The Entire World.

I answered her honestly. "October."
"October?"
"Yeah, I was in Ohio in October."
She paused before sighing, "Okay."
I tried to call her out, demanding, "Taylor, why do you care?"
The voice started crying.

When she took a breath she began speaking quickly. "Because he's my boyfriend and I just found a love letter from you under his mattress and I don't know what to do and I know you called the other day and then I was in Chicago and I was having nightmares about you two together and then I found this and..." She trailed off, crying, and I softened. It wasn't Taylor. Just a girl who happened to get him after me. I calmed her down.

"Sshhhh, it's okay. It's okay. I can promise you nothing is happening between us. Shhhh."

The conversation ended with her and I making plans to have a drink the next time I'm in Ohio. Who says hell hath no fury?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home