The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Page from my diary dated one year ago today:

Today I tried to explain to Little James (my 3-yr-old cousin) about variety. He asked me why all cars look different and all houses look different. I told him that life would be very boring if everything was the same. He gave me the typical, "Why?", so I tried explaining how people are individuals and like to be that way. He repeated after me, "indovedigiral", I said close enough.

Then I tried putting it another way. I said, "If there were a thousand me's and a thousand you's, I wouldn't know who you were and you wouldn't know me either. We'd both be very lonely even though we were surrounded by me's and you's. Being different helps us find each other." I think he understood because he said, "I'm glad everyone's not the same."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home