The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Thursday, March 17, 2005

The thrill is gone.

All work and no play make Jessica reminisce about past St. Patrick's Days spent in New York City.... cutting class to go to the parade, decked out in green, with a plastic bottle of "Sprite" that wasn't really all soda.... stumbling cross-eyed down 86th Street, hugging every cop in sight.... squeezing 250 people into a bar that safely holds 98, at 9:30 in the morning.... showing up to my afternoon class shitfaced, with a bottle of Guiness in a paper bag and drinking it during a lecture.... it was my one day of the year to break out of the goody-goody Dean's List routine and be a rebel.... ah, youth...... somehow, St. Patrick's Day is no longer as cool.

3 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Mark said...

You were stumbling around, hugging random cops, and I missed out on it? *sniff* :)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Has it been that long that you don't even recognize me??

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger SpangledAngel said...

OH MY GOD, MARK?!?!?! No, I didn't honestly.... and your blogger page is so mysterious I couldn't tell it was you.... my bad, old friend! So now that we've established it's been, like, 6 years, when are we getting together again? I want to meet this new wife of yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home