The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Monday, March 20, 2006

Yyyeaaaaaaahhhhhh, I'm going to need you to go ahead and come in on Saturday.

Have you ever seen the movie "Waiting..."? You haven't? Well, let me summarize.....

Boy works as waiter at restaurant. Boy has fellow waiter friends at restaurant. Boy is offered Assistant Manager position. Boy did not ask for said promotion, but Boy's friends still more or less turn on him. Poor Boy. Poor, poor boy.

Well, poor Jessica. Yes, I have been asked to join the ranks of such beloved managerial types as Bill Lumbergh. Mr. Slate. Michael Scott from "The Office". And many more.

I should do it. If only so I can add it to the list of Things I've Done For Money Within Legal Parameters, I should do it. It won't be every day, and I'll still be a waitress when I'm not managing. But I can't help feeling like this will separate me from everyone in a negative way.

I'm going to do it. But if I start parading around the restaurant with a coffee mug and a pair of suspenders, or saying, "Push the fish, it's about to turn", someone please shoot me dead in the face.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Don't worry, darling. You have a soul.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home