The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Whaaaaa??, Take Two

Okay, so, uh..... yeah....

I feel the need to come straight here because not even 2 minutes ago I was performing my usual work routine of twiddling around on myspace -- not out of the ordinary, but as I was looking for an old friend from Cali, I clicked on a cute picture of a dog.

Apparently, this was a mistake, because the dog's owner turns out to be my ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend! Talk about small worlds!

So this leaves me looking over her profile. Not a big deal, really. That's not stalking, it's just checking out, for the record. Now, I have never met or talked to this girl and it's been months and months since I've spoken to my ex. Our breakup was probably among the worst in recorded history and most of it fell on me. I'll be the first to admit, I was no perfect girlfriend. So it didn't surprise me that this new chick had "ex-girlfriends" listed among her dislikes. Touche. I'll give you that one.

But then, the more I read, the more stuff I noticed that made alarm bells go off in my head -- also on the dislikes list: Pro-Choice Beliefs.

Let me type that one again, so it can sink in for you: Pro-Choice Beliefs. On the "Dislikes" list.

Being a religious woman and also a smart person, I can't really say here what I wish for women like this. Let's just say I think they would change their minds pretty quickly if faced with a strange man with a gun in a dark alley who decided "She was asking for it" and forgot to bring a condom. Where will all that pro-life rhetoric be when you're suddenly knocked up by a rapist?

Not a sermon, just a thought.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

It's amazing how many anti-choice morons will completely reverse their philosophy once they get out of the hypothetical and start wondering where they're going to put a baby.

I hate stupid people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home