The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

4th Grade

I wrote this song to celebrate the 80's and also people well on their way into Middle Agedom who feel the need to act like utter babies when ending relationships:


Why can’t we just talk like grown-ups?
When did this become fourth grade?
How did I get back here to 1989?
Just because your manners chose to fade.
Hell, while we’re at it let’s go sell lemonade!
Yeah, open a little stand on the corner where we sell lemonade.

Go ahead, forget my number.
I’ll pretend that I don’t care.
And try to forget that I loved you
And I would have followed you anywhere.
I would have followed you anywhere.
But since we’re acting like kids, I’ll just get my teddy bear.

I can forget your laughter.
I can forget your eyes.
I’ll even forget your daughter,
But not the silence you gave me for goodbye.
No, not the silence that stood in for goodbye.

Guess I should do my bangs up pretty?
Bust out my scrunch-socks in neon green?
Trade in my Honda for a Big Wheel?
Put "He-Man" on the TV screen?
How about "Transformers" on the TV screen?
I love "She-Ra" on my TV screen...

I just wanted to talk like grown-ups.
I’m sorry you didn’t, too.

But when you start talking, there’s one thing to remember:


I’m rubber....


Guess who’s glue!

1 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I can totally hear Melissa Etheridge in the end of that song... haha, I love it! I would love to hear you sing sometime.

Next time we talk, remind me to tell you about the Polar Bear Club... I think you should join us this year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home