The Road Revisited

Follow Me Around The United States!

Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm Lovin' It!

The next day was Friday and I set back out for Cleveland. I said thanks and goodbye to Earl and Chris with a promise to come back and visit. Earl said, "If you ever need anything, even money, just call me. And if you come back to Sandusky and need a place to stay, you know my door is never locked. You can just come on in." Chris waved a forlorn goodbye from the porch after I hugged him. It was so bittersweet. I followed Earl out to the highway and waved as I went straight and he turned to go to work. God, I love getting to meet nice people everywhere I go!

I made awesome time to Cleveland and got to the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame by noon. That gave me five and a half hours to dick around in there and I used every second of it! I love that place. It’s a museum that I could go to one day and then go back to the next day and still be as in awe of everything as the day before. I adore it. If you ever get a chance to go, do it.

There was an incredible 3-floor "Tommy" exhibit that featured a great documentary on The Who and the album, as well as displays and various artifacts from the era. My favorite was an ad for an outdoor concert featuring a spliced picture of Pete Townsend playing leapfrog with a cartoon bear in a cartoon meadow. I also loved the displays of clothes that Roger Daltry wore, which were all smaller than I thought they’d be.

The rest of the museum is to die for, I’m serious. They’ve got everything - Jeff Buckley’s diary, Michael Jackson’s sparkly glove, Jimi Hendrix’s childhood drawings, Tom Petty’s Mad Hatter hat from the "Don’t Come Around Here No More" video, and even the green plaid outfit that Andre 3000 wore for the "Hey Ya!" video! They literally have Every. Freakin’. Thing.

People were laughing at me behind my back as I was at the listening station, singing along and bopping to "The Love I Lost", but I didn’t care - dance like no one’s watching, as they say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home